Tennessee State 73
(18-14, 6-11 away)
(25-6, 14-1 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||K Thornton 22
||K Thornton 12
||P Miller 12
||I Clark 26
||B Jenkins 7
||K Johnson 7
Belmont squared off with Tennessee State on Friday, Mar. 8 and got a win over the Tigers 82-73 in the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Tournament. With the win, the Bruins are now 2-1 against Tennessee State this season. The Bruins were led by Kerron Johnson, who got 23 points and seven assists. J.J. Mann had 13 points and added six rebounds. Kellen Thornton registered a double-double for the Tigers on a team-high 22 points and 12 rebounds. This makes five wins in a row for the Bruins. Tennessee State (18-14) finished the regular season third in the Ohio Valley with an 11-5 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Tennessee State defeated Morehead State (88-75).
Belmont Game Notes
- The win over Tennessee State extended the Belmont winning streak to five games.
- The Bruins have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- Belmont has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Belmont has won 95 percent of the time this season (21-1) when opponents record 73 or fewer total points.
- This season Belmont has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Blake Jenkins has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (19-4) when Ian Clark plays 32 minutes or more, and 91 percent of the time (10-1) when J.J. Mann has five field goals made or more.
- The Bruins have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Belmont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Ian Clark accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- Ian Clark has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 31 games this season.
- Blake Jenkins has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Kerron Johnson's career.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has four straight double-digit point games.
- Blake Jenkins has three straight double-digit point games.
- Blake Jenkins had a career high with five offensive rebounds.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- Kellen Thornton accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- Kellen Thornton accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kellen Thornton has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Kellen Thornton's career.
- Kellen Thornton has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Kellen Thornton recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 11th of his career.
- This game was the sixth double-digit assist game of Patrick Miller's career.
- Patrick Miller has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Patrick Miller recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Patrick Miller set a career high with 12 assists.
- Robert Covington has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Robert Covington set a career high with five blocks.