(9-20, 4-13 away)
(12-15, 7-5 home)
Venue: Pizzitola Sports Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||M Cartwright 25
||H Brooks 5
||P Lucas-Perry 3
||S McGonagill 15
||R Maia 14
||M Sullivan 2
On Friday, Mar. 8, Brown took on Pennsylvania and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Quakers 66-64 in conference play. The Bears stay winless against Pennsylvania this season at 0-2. Rafael Maia picked up a double-double in the Bears loss with 12 points and 14 rebounds. Stephen Albrecht had a season-high 13 points and added three rebounds. For the Quakers, Miles Cartwright finished with a game-high 25 points on 66.7 percent shooting. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Brown (10-14, 5-6 Ivy) welcomes Princeton (13-10, 9-3 Ivy).
Brown Game Notes
- The Bears have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Brown is 19-24 in close games.
- Brown has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording 19 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 57.1 percent or better this season, Brown has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Brown has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- The Bears set season highs for steals (11) and turnovers (26).
- The last time Brown recorded at least 26 turnovers was Jan 06, 2004 against Wake Forest.
- The Bears have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Brown has a 3.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rafael Maia recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with eight.
- The top two scorers (Sean McGonagill and Stephen Albrecht) accounted for 43.7 percent of the points.
- Rafael Maia accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sean McGonagill has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Rafael Maia has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 27 games this season.
- Rafael Maia recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rafael Maia recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Matt Sullivan has four straight double-digit point games.
- Stephen Albrecht had a career high with a 80 percent field goal percentage.
Pennsylvania Game Notes
- The Quakers won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Pennsylvania is 27-27 in close games.
- Miles Cartwright accounted for 37.8 percent of the team's points.
- Miles Cartwright has led the team in scoring 11 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Miles Cartwright's career.
- Miles Cartwright set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.