North Dakota State came out on top against Missouri-Kansas City 69-58 in the quarterfinals of the Summit League Tournament on Sunday, Mar. 10. With the win, the Bison stay undefeated against Missouri-Kansas City this season at 3-0. The Bison got the win with a season-high 27 points and seven rebounds from Taylor Braun. Marshall Bjorklund played his way to a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. For the Kangaroos, Estan Tyler finished with eight points and seven assists. Missouri-Kansas City (8-24) finished the regular season seventh in the Summit League with a 5-11 conference record.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- The win over Missouri-Kansas City extended the North Dakota State winning streak to three games.
- The Bison have won every game this season (14-0) after recording 69 or more total points.
- North Dakota State has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.7 percent or better.
- North Dakota State has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- NDSU has won every game this season (15-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.0 percent field goal percentage.
- NDSU has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 25 or fewer rebounds.
- This season North Dakota State has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Marshall Bjorklund has 18 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Taylor Braun plays 34 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Kory Brown has four assists or more.
- This is the first win of the season where the Bison came back after being down at halftime.
- Taylor Braun recorded a team season high in points with 27, free throws made with 16, and free throws attempted with 18.
- Taylor Braun accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marshall Bjorklund and Taylor Braun) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Taylor Braun has led the team in scoring in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 31 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Bjorklund has three straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and sixth of his career.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Taylor Braun's career.
- Taylor Braun had a career high with 16 free throws made.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Brad Reid and Estan Tyler) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (31) than the starters (27).
- Trinity Hall has led the team in scoring four times in 32 games this season.
- Brad Reid has led the team in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nelson Kirksey.
- Nate Rogers set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.