(8-24, 5-13 away)
North Dakota State 69
(23-8, 14-1 home)
Venue: Sioux Falls Arena
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 10, 2013
|North Dakota State
||T Hall 14
||B Reid 7
||E Tyler 7
|North Dakota State
||T Braun 27
||M Bjorklund 10
||K Brown 4
Missouri-Kansas City was defeated by North Dakota State 69-58 in the quarterfinals of the Summit League Tournament on Sunday, Mar. 10. The Kangaroos are now 0-3 against North Dakota State this season. Estan Tyler put up eight points and seven assists in a losing effort. Nate Rogers scored nine points. Taylor Braun got a season-high 27 points and seven rebounds for the Bison. Missouri-Kansas City (8-24) finished the regular season seventh in the Summit League with a 5-11 record in conference play.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- UMKC beat the spread by five points. That makes the 15th time this season the Kangaroos have beaten the spread.
- Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- The Kangaroos have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after having a field goal percentage of 38.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.7 percent or better this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- UMKC set a season low for turnovers (seven).
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Kangaroos opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two rebounders (Brad Reid and Estan Tyler) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (31) than the starters (27).
- Trinity Hall has led the team in scoring in four out of 32 games this season.
- Brad Reid has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 32 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nelson Kirksey.
- Nate Rogers had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- Taylor Braun recorded a team season high in points with 27, free throws made with 16, and free throws attempted with 18.
- Taylor Braun accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marshall Bjorklund and Taylor Braun) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Taylor Braun has led the team in scoring eight times in 31 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 31 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Bjorklund has three straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and sixth of his career.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Taylor Braun's career.
- Taylor Braun set a career high with 16 free throws made.