(20-11, 3-8 away)
(21-10, 18-1 home)
Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 10, 2013
||N Faust 15
||D Wells 12
||A Len 2
||A Mitchell 17
||A Mitchell 10
||J Evans 3
Virginia edged Maryland 61-58 in overtime on Sunday, Mar. 10. Maryland led 32-19 at the half, but then Virginia came out of the locker room and fought their way back in the second half. With a record of 2-0, the Cavaliers remain undefeated against Maryland this season. Akil Mitchell secured a double-double in the Cavaliers win with a game-high 17 points and 10 rebounds. Justin Anderson had eight points and added six rebounds (5 Blk 3 Ast). Dezmine Wells got a double-double for the Terrapins on 12 points and 12 rebounds.
Virginia Game Notes
- The last time UVA started the season 21-10 was 2006.
- Virginia has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Cavaliers have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 4-7.
- The Cavaliers have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Virginia is 23-33 in close games.
- The Cavaliers have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- UVA has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.8 percent field goal percentage.
- UVA has won 82 percent of the time this season (18-4) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Virginia has won 71 percent of the time (15-6) when Joe Harris has 15 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Akil Mitchell has seven field goals made or more.
- The Cavaliers set a season high for blocks (nine).
- The last time UVA recorded at least nine blocks was Jan 10, 2009 against Virginia Tech.
- This is the fifth win of the season where the Cavaliers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 19th game at home this season--UVA has a 16.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Justin Anderson recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Akil Mitchell and Joe Harris) accounted for 52.4 percent of the points.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 24 times in 31 games this season.
- Joe Harris has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Akil Mitchell recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Akil Mitchell has five straight double-digit point games.
- Akil Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 12th of his career.
Maryland Game Notes
- The Terrapins have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland is 27-25 in close games.
- Dezmine Wells recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Nick Faust and Dezmine Wells) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dezmine Wells and Charles Mitchell) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Nick Faust has led the team in scoring four times in 31 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dezmine Wells has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dezmine Wells recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- Dezmine Wells set career highs with 12 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.