On Sunday, Mar. 10, Wake Forest took on Virginia Tech and beat the Hokies 90-79 in conference play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. C.J. Harris was exceptional for the Demon Deacons and got a team-high 29 points, shooting 6 of 6 from three-point range. Devin Thomas also had a good game, scoring 17 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Hokies, Erick Green got a mind-blowing 35 points and five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl).
Wake Forest Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:35 left to go.
- The last time WFU started the season 13-17 was 2011.
- WFU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Demon Deacons have beaten the spread.
- The Demon Deacons have won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after recording eight or more steals.
- WFU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Wake Forest has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when C.J. Harris has seven free throws made or more.
- The Demon Deacons set season highs for assists (21), three-pointers (nine), and total points (90).
- The last time WFU recorded at least 21 assists was Nov 20, 2011 against North Carolina Central.
- Wake Forest has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--WFU has a 5.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- C.J. Harris accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Devin Thomas and Aaron Roundtree III) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Harris has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 30 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 30 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of C.J. Harris's career.
- C.J. Harris had career highs with 29 points and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Erick Green recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 18.
- Erick Green accounted for 44.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cadarian Raines and Jarell Eddie) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 29 times in 31 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has three straight 20+ point games.
- Erick Green set a career high with 35 points.
- Marquis Rankin set career highs with 15 points and seven field goals made.