(22) Wisconsin 63
(21-10, 6-6 away)
Penn State 60
(10-20, 8-11 home)
Venue: Bryce Jordan Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 10, 2013
||T Jackson 15
||J Berggren 10
||B Brust 4
||J Marshall 23
||R Travis 11
||D (DJ) Newbill 5
Penn State dropped a close one to No. 22 Wisconsin 63-60 in conference play on Sunday, Mar. 10. The Nittany Lions now have a record of 1-7 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Nittany Lions got six points and 11 rebounds from Ross Travis. Devonte (DJ) Newbill also had a solid outing, scoring 22 points. Jared Berggren got a double-double for the Badgers on 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Penn State Game Notes
- PSU beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 13th time this season the Nittany Lions have beaten the spread.
- The Nittany Lions have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Penn State is 34-27 in close games.
- Prior to this game, PSU played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 12-39.
- Penn State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording seven or fewer assists.
- Penn State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing six or more turnovers.
- When the opposition commits eight or fewer turnovers this season, Penn State has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.1 percent or better this season, Penn State has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- When the opposition records three or more blocks this season, Penn State has lost 83 percent of the time (3-15).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Nittany Lions opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--PSU has a -0.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jermaine Marshall accounted for 38.3 percent of the team's points.
- Ross Travis accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jermaine Marshall has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 30 games this season.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Devonte (DJ) Newbill's career.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Ross Travis recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ross Travis had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jermaine Marshall's career.
- Jermaine Marshall has eight straight double-digit point games.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- The Badgers won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wisconsin is 32-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Traevon Jackson and Sam Dekker) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Jared Berggren accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jared Berggren has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Jared Berggren recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jared Berggren recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.