(15-16, 4-11 away)
(25) Memphis 86
(27-4, 18-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Swing 19
||R Williams 8
||J Swing 5
||C Crawford 20
||J Jackson 9
||J Jackson 10
UAB faced off with No. 25 Memphis on Saturday, Mar. 9 and was blown out by the Tigers 86-71 in conference play. The Blazers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-3). The Blazers got a team-high 19 points and seven rebounds from Jordan Swing. Quincy Taylor had 12 points (4 Ast 4 Stl). Joe Jackson recorded a double-double for the Tigers with 17 points and 10 assists (9 Reb 6 Stl). UAB (15-16, 7-9 C-USA) hosts Southern Methodist (15-16, 5-11 C-USA) on Wednesday, Mar. 13.
UAB Game Notes
- The last time UAB started the season 15-16 was 2006.
- Prior to this game, UAB played 13 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-11.
- UAB has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- UAB has lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after recording 34 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, UAB has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more steals this season, UAB has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 22 or more assists this season, UAB has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The top two scorers (Jordan Swing and Rod Rucker) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Williams and Jordan Swing) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 31 games this season.
- Robert Williams has led the team in rebounding in four out of 31 games this season.
- Quincy Taylor had a career high with four steals.
- Rod Rucker has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Swing has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Preston Purifoy.
Memphis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chris Crawford and Geron Johnson) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joe Jackson and D.J. Stephens) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Crawford has led the team in scoring six times in 31 games this season.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Joe Jackson's career.
- Joe Jackson recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Joe Jackson set career highs with 10 assists and six steals.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Chris Crawford's career.
- Chris Crawford has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Crawford set a career high with five three-pointers.
- Tarik Black set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.