No. 25 Memphis smoked UAB 86-71 in C-USA play on Saturday, Mar. 9. With the win, the Tigers remain undefeated against UAB this season at 2-0. The Tigers got a double-double out of Joe Jackson with 17 points and 10 assists (9 Reb 6 Stl). D.J. Stephens had 13 points and added eight rebounds. For the Blazers, Jordan Swing finished with a team-high 19 points and seven rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Tigers. Memphis (27-4, 16-0 C-USA) hosts To Be Announced on Thursday, Mar. 14.
Memphis Game Notes
- The win over UAB extended the Memphis winning streak to three games.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 86 or more total points.
- Memphis has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record nine or fewer free throws made.
- Memphis has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 31.6 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Memphis has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Joe Jackson has 17 points or more, 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Geron Johnson plays 31 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Chris Crawford has six field goals made or more.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--Memphis has a 13.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chris Crawford and Geron Johnson) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joe Jackson and D.J. Stephens) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Crawford has led the team in scoring in six out of 31 games this season.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Joe Jackson's career.
- Joe Jackson recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Joe Jackson had career highs with 10 assists and six steals.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Chris Crawford's career.
- Chris Crawford has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Crawford had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Tarik Black had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
UAB Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jordan Swing and Rod Rucker) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Williams and Jordan Swing) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring 11 times in 31 games this season.
- Robert Williams has led the team in rebounding four times in 31 games this season.
- Quincy Taylor set a career high with four steals.
- Rod Rucker has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Swing has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Preston Purifoy.