(20-11, 3-8 away)
(15-16, 11-8 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||A Hollins 24
||T Mbakwe 10
||A Hollins 9
||R Davis 18
||D Byrd 7
||D Byrd 5
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Purdue punished Minnesota 89-73 in Big Ten action. Purdue jumped out to a huge 44-27 lead at halftime and never let up. The Boilermakers were led by D.J. Byrd, who put up 18 points and seven rebounds. A.J. Hammons also had a great game, scoring 14 points and adding six rebounds. For the Golden Gophers, Andre Hollins got a game-high 24 points (9 Ast 4 Reb), including 6-of-11 shooting from three-point range.
Purdue Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:13 left to go.
- Purdue beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Boilermakers have beaten the spread.
- Purdue has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 46.7 percent or better.
- The Boilermakers have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording seven or more three-pointers.
- This season Purdue has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when D.J. Byrd has five field goals made or more and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when A.J. Hammons has three blocks or more.
- The Boilermakers set season highs for field goal percentage (54.2) and total points (89).
- The last time Purdue recorded at least 89 total points was Nov 17, 2011 against Iona.
- The Boilermakers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Purdue has a 7.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rapheal Davis and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 40.4 percent of the points.
- D.J. Byrd has led the team in rebounding in five out of 31 games this season.
- Terone Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Byrd had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Andre Hollins recorded a team season high in assists with nine.
- Andre Hollins accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Trevor Mbakwe accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins has five straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Hollins set career highs with six three-pointers and nine assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Austin Hollins.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 40th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Maverick Ahanmisi.