On Saturday, Mar. 9, Minnesota took on Purdue and was smoked by the Boilermakers 89-73 in conference play. Minnesota was never really in this one, as they trailed 44-27 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The Golden Gophers got a game-high 24 points (9 Ast 4 Reb) from Andre Hollins, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Rodney Williams had 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Boilermakers, D.J. Byrd finished with 18 points and seven rebounds.
Minnesota Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:13 left to go.
- Minnesota has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.7 percent or better this season, Minnesota has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition commits eight or fewer turnovers this season, Minnesota has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.2 percent or better this season, Minnesota has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Minnesota has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Andre Hollins recorded a team season high in assists with nine.
- Andre Hollins accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Trevor Mbakwe accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins has five straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Hollins had career highs with six three-pointers and nine assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Austin Hollins.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 40th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Maverick Ahanmisi.
Purdue Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rapheal Davis and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 40.4 percent of the points.
- D.J. Byrd has led the team in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- Terone Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Byrd set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.