On Saturday, Mar. 9, Iowa took on Nebraska and knocked off the Cornhuskers 74-60 in conference action. The Hawkeyes even the season series against Nebraska at 1-1 with the win. Melsahn Basabe secured a double-double in the win with 11 points and 13 rebounds. Aaron White had a team-high 19 points and added six rebounds. Ray Gallegos finished with a game-high 22 points for the Cornhuskers, making 7 of 14 from three-point range.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 20-11 was 2000.
- Iowa beat the spread by one points. That makes the 16th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- Iowa has won every game this season (8-0) when its three-point percentage has been 35.7 percent or better.
- The Hawkeyes have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 21 or more assists.
- Iowa has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- Iowa has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Iowa has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Melsahn Basabe has 11 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Aaron White has eight free throws made or more.
- The Hawkeyes set a season high for field goal percentage (57.1).
- The last time Iowa had a field goal percentage of 57.1 percent or higher was Jan 29, 2012 against Indiana.
- Iowa set a season low for steals (two).
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--Iowa has a 16.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Aaron White and Adam Woodbury) accounted for 41.8 percent of the points.
- Melsahn Basabe accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 31 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 31 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 11th of his career.
- Melsahn Basabe had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
Nebraska Game Notes
- Ray Gallegos recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- Ray Gallegos accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Ubel accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ray Gallegos has led the team in scoring 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Brandon Ubel has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 31 games this season.
- Dylan Talley has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Ray Gallegos's career.
- Ray Gallegos set a career high with seven three-pointers.