(14-17, 2-10 away)
(20-11, 18-2 home)
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
2:21PM ET / 11:21AM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Gallegos 22
||B Ubel 7
||B Ubel 3
||A White 19
||M Basabe 13
||E May 6
Nebraska was beaten at home by Iowa 74-60 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 9. With the loss, the Cornhuskers even the season series against Iowa at 1-1. Ray Gallegos had a big game for the Cornhuskers and got a game-high 22 points, shooting 7 of 14 from three-point range. Brandon Ubel also had a strong game, scoring nine points and adding seven rebounds. Melsahn Basabe registered a double-double for the Hawkeyes on 11 points and 13 rebounds.
Nebraska Game Notes
- The last time Nebraska started the season 14-17 was 2009.
- Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing six or more turnovers.
- The Cornhuskers have lost 80 percent of the time this season (3-12) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Nebraska has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Nebraska has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- Ray Gallegos recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- Ray Gallegos accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Ubel accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ray Gallegos has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- Brandon Ubel has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 31 games this season.
- Dylan Talley has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Ray Gallegos's career.
- Ray Gallegos had a career high with seven three-pointers.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Aaron White and Adam Woodbury) accounted for 41.8 percent of the points.
- Melsahn Basabe accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring 14 times in 31 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 11th of his career.
- Melsahn Basabe set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.