Southern Utah 64
(11-19, 2-13 away)
North Dakota 68
(15-15, 9-5 home)
Venue: Sioux Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||A Hess 16
||J Jeffery 9
||C Nsenki 5
||J Webb 19
||J Webb 9
||J Webb 5
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Southern Utah was beaten at home by North Dakota 68-64 in conference play. With the loss, the Thunderbirds tie the season series against North Dakota at 1-1. A.J. Hess put up a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds for the Thunderbirds. Cal Hanks had 10 points and added eight rebounds. For the Fighting Sioux, Jamal Webb finished with a game-high 19 points and nine rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). Southern Utah (11-19, 8-12 Big Sky) takes on North Dakota (15-15, 12-8 Big Sky) on Thursday, Mar. 14 on the road.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- Southern Utah started 11-19 during the 2008 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 45 or more rebounds this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records eight or more blocks this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.1 percent or better this season, Southern Utah has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- The Thunderbirds set a season high for steals (nine).
- The last time SUU recorded at least nine steals was Feb 25, 2012 against Oral Roberts.
- Southern Utah has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Jaren Jeffery recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- The top two scorers (A.J. Hess and Damon Heuir) accounted for 43.7 percent of the points.
- This was the eighth foul out of the season for Jordan Johnson.
North Dakota Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamal Webb and Josh Schuler) accounted for 51.4 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (28) than the starters (13).
- The bench recorded more points (62) than the starters (six).
- Jamal Webb has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- Troy Huff has 10 straight double-digit point games.