Boise State defeated San Diego State 69-65 in MWC play on Saturday, Mar. 9. The Broncos tie the season series against San Diego State at 1-1 with the win. The Broncos were led by Derrick Marks, who put up a game-high 27 points and nine rebounds. Anthony Drmic scored 23 points and added two rebounds. Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double for the Aztecs on 15 points and 13 rebounds. Boise State (21-9, 9-7 MWC) takes on San Diego State (21-9, 9-7 MWC) on Wednesday, Mar. 13 on the road.
Boise State Game Notes
- The last time BSU started the season 21-9 was 2003.
- BSU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Boise State is 27-29 in close games.
- The Broncos have won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after recording two or more blocks.
- Boise State has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- BSU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Boise State has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Anthony Drmic has 23 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Jeff Elorriaga plays 38 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Derrick Marks has nine field goals made or more.
- The Broncos have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--BSU has a 17.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Derrick Marks accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's points.
- Kenny Buckner accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Marks has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 30 games this season.
- Kenny Buckner has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Derrick Marks's career.
- Derrick Marks had career highs with nine rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Anthony Drmic has six straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Buckner recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The Aztecs have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego State is 39-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Thames and Chase Tapley) accounted for 53.8 percent of the points.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 40.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamaal Franklin has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jamaal Franklin.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 23rd of his career.
- Jamaal Franklin set a career high with five offensive rebounds.