No. 24 Notre Dame faced off with No. 8 Louisville on Saturday, Mar. 9 and was thumped by the Cardinals 73-57 in conference play. The Fighting Irish go to 4-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Fighting Irish were led by Pat Connaughton, who got 13 points and seven rebounds. Jerian Grant had eight points and added seven assists. Gorgui Dieng registered a double-double for the Cardinals on a game-high 20 points and 11 rebounds (5 Blk 3 Stl). Notre Dame (23-8, 11-7 Big East) gets To Be Announced at home on Wednesday, Mar. 13.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Prior to this game, ND played 55 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 26-29.
- The Fighting Irish have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 39.3 percent or worse.
- Notre Dame has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0 percent or better this season, Notre Dame has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The top two scorers (Garrick Sherman and Pat Connaughton) accounted for 47.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Pat Connaughton and Jack Cooley) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Garrick Sherman has led the team in scoring in three out of 31 games this season.
Louisville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Gorgui Dieng and Peyton Siva) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- Gorgui Dieng accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 18 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Gorgui Dieng's career.
- Gorgui Dieng has five straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 21st of his career.