(13-18, 1-12 away)
East Carolina 86
(18-11, 13-4 home)
Venue: Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Goff 27
||D Kane 7
||D Kane 12
||M Paul 22
||R Sampson 12
||M Paul 10
On a day when the Pirates scored 30 points from beyond the three-point line, Marshall was beaten at home by East Carolina 86-79 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. DeAndre Kane got 20 points and 12 assists (7 Reb 5 Stl) for the Thundering Herd, earning a double-double. Robert Goff also had a great game, scoring a career-high 27 points and adding six rebounds. Miguel Paul recorded a double-double for the Pirates with a team-high 22 points and 10 assists. The next game will be on Wednesday, Mar. 13 when Marshall (13-18, 6-10 C-USA) heads to Tulane (18-13, 6-10 C-USA).
Marshall Game Notes
- The last time Marshall started the season 13-18 was 2006.
- Marshall has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording two or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.2 percent or better this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Marshall has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Robert Goff recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- Robert Goff accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's points.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in rebounding in three out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- DeAndre Kane recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and sixth of his career.
- DeAndre Kane had a career high with five steals.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Elijah Pittman's career.
- Elijah Pittman has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Robert Goff's career.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Robert Goff.
- Robert Goff had career highs with 27 points and 12 field goals made.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Dennis Tinnon.
- This was the first foul out of the season for DeVince Boykins.
East Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Miguel Paul and Maurice Kemp) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Robert Sampson accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Miguel Paul has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- Robert Sampson has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Maurice Kemp's career.
- Maurice Kemp has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Miguel Paul's career.
- Miguel Paul has four straight double-digit point games.
- Miguel Paul recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and ninth of his career.
- Robert Sampson recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Akeem Richmond has seven straight double-digit point games.