Oral Roberts 84
(18-13, 8-8 away)
Central Arkansas 86
(13-16, 8-7 home)
Venue: Farris Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||W Niles 30
||S Roundtree 13
||K Billbury 7
||J Garner 34
||L Miles 7
||J Harks 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Oral Roberts took on Central Arkansas and let one slip away to the Bears 86-84 in overtime. The Golden Eagles even the season series against Central Arkansas at 1-1 with the loss. Steven Roundtree earned a double-double in the Golden Eagles loss including a season-high 21 points and 13 rebounds. Warren Niles was sharp from three-point range, going 7 for 14 on the way to a team-high 30 points. Jarvis Garner got a game-high 34 points (4 Reb 3 Ast) for the Bears, making 6 of 11 from three-point range. Oral Roberts (18-13, 13-5 SLC) takes on To Be Announced on Thursday, Mar. 14 on their home court.
Oral Roberts Game Notes
- Oral Roberts has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Golden Eagles have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 8-6.
- The Golden Eagles have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oral Roberts is 27-33 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Oral Roberts has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- Oral Roberts has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Golden Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Warren Niles recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 14.
- Warren Niles accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Steven Roundtree accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Warren Niles has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- Steven Roundtree has led the team in rebounding in three out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Warren Niles's career.
- Warren Niles has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Niles had a career high with seven three-pointers.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Steven Roundtree's career.
- Steven Roundtree recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and ninth of his career.
- Steven Roundtree had a career high with 13 rebounds.
- Damen Bell-Holter recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Damen Bell-Holter has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Damen Bell-Holter recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 25th of his career.
- Shawn Glover has five straight double-digit point games.
Central Arkansas Game Notes
- The Bears won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Central Arkansas is 24-26 in close games.
- Jarvis Garner recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 24.
- Jarvis Garner accounted for 39.5 percent of the team's points.
- Jarvis Garner has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- LaQuentin Miles has led the team in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Jarvis Garner's career.
- Jarvis Garner has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Garner set a career high with six three-pointers.
- Robert Crawford has four straight double-digit point games.
- LaQuentin Miles has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for LaQuentin Miles.