Kent State 68
(19-12, 8-6 away)
(24-6, 15-1 home)
Venue: James A. Rhodes Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||D Goodson 19
||D Goodson 8
||R Holt 5
||Z Marshall 14
||D Treadwell 13
||C Betancourt 4
Kent State squared off with Akron on Friday, Mar. 8 and pulled off an upset over the Zips 68-64 in MAC action. This one looked like it could get ugly, with Kent State up 40-25 at the half, but Akron had a big second half and just fell short in the end. The Golden Flashes even the season series against Akron at 1-1 with the win. Darren Goodson played brilliantly for the Golden Flashes and put up a season-high 19 points and eight rebounds. Chris Evans also had a solid outing, scoring 11 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Zips, Zeke Marshall finished with a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds. The Golden Flashes are on a five-game win streak. Kent State (19-12, 9-7 MAC) takes on To Be Announced on Thursday, Mar. 14 at home.
Kent State Game Notes
- The win over Akron extended the Kent State winning streak to five games.
- KSU beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Golden Flashes have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Flashes have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Kent State is 41-24 in close games.
- KSU has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- KSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Kent State has won 81 percent of the time (17-4) when Randal Holt has 12 points or more.
- The top two scorers (Darren Goodson and Kris Brewer) accounted for 47.0 percent of the points.
- Randal Holt has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Evans has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Akron Game Notes
- The Zips have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Akron is 38-30 in close games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine and field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demetrius Treadwell and Zeke Marshall) accounted for 47.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 30 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell has four straight double-digit point games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell set a career high with nine offensive rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Nick Harney.