Kent State 68
(19-12, 8-6 away)
(24-6, 15-1 home)
Venue: James A. Rhodes Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||D Goodson 19
||D Goodson 8
||R Holt 5
||Z Marshall 14
||D Treadwell 13
||C Betancourt 4
Akron was upset by Kent State 68-64 in conference play on Friday, Mar. 8. The game started out as a blowout, with Kent State up 40-25 at the half, but Akron fought their way back and made this a close one. The Zips even the season series against Kent State at 1-1 with the loss. Zeke Marshall got a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds in the Zips loss. Demetrius Treadwell played his way to a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Darren Goodson got a season-high 19 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Flashes. Akron (24-6, 14-2 MAC) takes on To Be Announced on Friday, Mar. 15 at home.
Akron Game Notes
- The last time Akron started the season 24-6 was 2006.
- The Zips have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Akron is 38-30 in close games.
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Akron has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Akron has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Zips have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Akron has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Akron has a 16.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine and field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demetrius Treadwell and Zeke Marshall) accounted for 47.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 30 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell has four straight double-digit point games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell had a career high with nine offensive rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Nick Harney.
Kent State Game Notes
- The Golden Flashes won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kent State is 41-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Darren Goodson and Kris Brewer) accounted for 47.0 percent of the points.
- Randal Holt has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Evans has 10 straight double-digit point games.