(20-10, 5-8 away)
(11-20, 9-10 home)
Venue: Daniel-Meyer Coliseum
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Osby 19
||A Fitzgerald 11
||S Grooms 6
||G Green 18
||C Crossland 7
||K Anderson 7
Despite being huge favorites on Saturday, Mar. 9, Oklahoma was upset by TCU 70-67 in conference play. Oklahoma tried to overcome a 44-22 deficit at halftime, but their comeback attempt fell just short in the second half. The Sooners tie the season series against TCU at 1-1 with the loss. Andrew Fitzgerald picked up a double-double in the Sooners loss with a season-high 13 points and 11 rebounds. Buddy Hield had 10 points and added nine rebounds. For the Horned Frogs, Connell Crossland finished with 13 points and seven rebounds. Oklahoma (20-10, 11-7 Big 12) gets Iowa State (21-10, 11-7 Big 12) on their home court on Thursday, Mar. 14.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma started 20-10 during the 2007 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Sooners have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma is 29-17 in close games.
- Oklahoma has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- OU set season lows for three-pointers (zero) and three-point percentage (0.0).
- Buddy Hield recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with eight.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Andrew Fitzgerald) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- Andrew Fitzgerald accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (10).
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 30 games this season.
- Andrew Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding in three out of 30 games this season.
- Romero Osby has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Fitzgerald recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andrew Fitzgerald recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Buddy Hield.
TCU Game Notes
- The Horned Frogs won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, TCU is 29-19 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Garlon Green and Charles Hill Jr.) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- Garlon Green has led the team in scoring nine times in 31 games this season.
- Connell Crossland has led the team in rebounding eight times in 31 games this season.
- Kyan Anderson has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Garlon Green set career highs with four three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Connell Crossland.
- Connell Crossland set career highs with 13 points and six field goals made.
|A||C. Hill Jr.||28||13||5||4||0||1||2|
|B||N. Butler Lind||35||5||6||2||0||1||1|