(20-10, 5-8 away)
(11-20, 9-10 home)
Venue: Daniel-Meyer Coliseum
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Osby 19
||A Fitzgerald 11
||S Grooms 6
||G Green 18
||C Crossland 7
||K Anderson 7
Entering the game as a 12-point underdog, TCU pulled off a stunner against Oklahoma 70-67 in Big 12 action. TCU was up 44-22 at the half, but Oklahoma made a run in the second half and got close. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Horned Frogs were led by Connell Crossland, who got 13 points and seven rebounds. Kyan Anderson also had a strong game, scoring 11 points. Andrew Fitzgerald got a double-double for the Sooners with a season-high 13 points and 11 rebounds. TCU (11-20, 2-16 Big 12) takes on Texas (14-16, 6-11 Big 12) on Wednesday, Mar. 13 on the road.
TCU Game Notes
- TCU beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Horned Frogs have beaten the spread.
- The Horned Frogs have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, TCU is 29-19 in close games.
- TCU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.4 percent field goal percentage.
- The Horned Frogs set season highs for assists (20) and three-pointers (eight).
- The last time TCU recorded at least 20 assists was Dec 22, 2011 against Grambling State.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--TCU has a -1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Garlon Green and Charles Hill Jr.) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- Garlon Green has led the team in scoring in nine out of 31 games this season.
- Connell Crossland has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Kyan Anderson has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Garlon Green had career highs with four three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Connell Crossland.
- Connell Crossland had career highs with 13 points and six field goals made.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- The Sooners have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma is 29-17 in close games.
- Buddy Hield recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with eight.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Andrew Fitzgerald) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- Andrew Fitzgerald accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (10).
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 17 times in 30 games this season.
- Andrew Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding three times in 30 games this season.
- Romero Osby has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Fitzgerald recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andrew Fitzgerald recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Buddy Hield.
|A||C. Hill Jr.||28||13||5||4||0||1||2|
|B||N. Butler Lind||35||5||6||2||0||1||1|