(9-22, 1-10 away)
Mississippi State 74
(9-21, 8-8 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, March 09, 2013
||C Denson 24
||C Denson 9
||F Sullivan 4
||C Borchert 20
||C Borchert 13
||C Sword 6
Auburn suffered a close loss to Mississippi State 74-71 in overtime on Saturday, Mar. 9. Chris Denson put up a career-high 24 points and nine rebounds in the Tigers loss. Rob Chubb had a season-high 18 points and added seven rebounds. Colin Borchert registered a double-double for the Bulldogs on a team-high 20 points and 13 rebounds.
Auburn Game Notes
- Auburn has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Tigers have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 2-9.
- The Tigers have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Auburn is 26-29 in close games.
- The Tigers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a three-point percentage of 17.6 percent or worse.
- Auburn has lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-14) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- Auburn has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Auburn has lost 100 percent of the time (0-13).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.1 percent or better this season, Auburn has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Auburn has lost 93 percent of the time (1-14).
- Auburn has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- Chris Denson accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Denson and Allen Payne) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Denson has led the team in scoring in seven out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Chris Denson's career.
- Chris Denson had career highs with 24 points, nine field goals made, nine rebounds, and nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Rob Chubb.
- Allen Payne had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi State is 28-32 in close games.
- Colin Borchert recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- Craig Sword tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Colin Borchert and Craig Sword) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Colin Borchert and Gavin Ware) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Colin Borchert has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding nine times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Colin Borchert's career.
- Colin Borchert recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Roquez Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
|C||Brian Greene Jr||6||0||2||2||0||0||1|