(16-14, 6-9 away)
(5-25, 5-12 home)
Venue: Tutor Fieldhouse
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||D Wright 15
||J Woodard 11
||S Harrison 4
||T Jackson 30
||T Jackson 7
||K Washington 7
Rice lost in front of the home crowd against Tulsa 77-71 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 9. The Owls stay winless against Tulsa this season at 0-2. The Owls were led by Tamir Jackson, who put up a career-high 30 points and seven rebounds. Julian DeBose had 17 points and added five rebounds. James Woodard registered a double-double for the Golden Hurricane with 11 points and 11 rebounds. The Owls have currently lost 10 games straight. The next game will be on Wednesday, Mar. 13 when Rice (5-25, 1-15 C-USA) heads to Houston (18-11, 7-9 C-USA).
Rice Game Notes
- Rice beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- Rice has lost 93 percent of the time this season (1-13) after recording nine or fewer free throws made.
- Rice has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after committing eight or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Rice has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 53.3 percent or better this season, Rice has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.2 percent or better this season, Rice has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- The Owls set season highs for assists (21) and three-pointers (12).
- The last time Rice recorded at least 21 assists was Mar 17, 2012 against Drake.
- Rice set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Owls have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Rice has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 12 games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Rice has a -7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tamir Jackson recorded a team season high in points with 30 and field goals made with 12.
- Keith Washington tallied a team season high in assists with seven.
- Tamir Jackson accounted for 42.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tamir Jackson and Julian DeBose) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tamir Jackson has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 14 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Tamir Jackson's career.
- Tamir Jackson has four straight 20+ point games.
- Tamir Jackson had career highs with 30 points, 12 field goals made, and four three-pointers.
- Julian DeBose has three straight double-digit point games.
Tulsa Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (James Woodard and Shaquille Harrison) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Scottie Haralson has led the team in scoring four times in 30 games this season.
- James Woodard has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 30 games this season.
- Scottie Haralson has three straight double-digit point games.
- James Woodard recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- James Woodard has four straight double-digit point games.
- James Woodard recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Patrick Swilling Jr. set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|B||P. Swilling Jr.||28||14||2||2||0||0||2|