(12) New Mexico 88
(26-5, 9-4 away)
Air Force 89
(17-12, 14-2 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 09, 2013
||T Snell 21
||A Kirk 11
||K Williams 10
||M Lyons 30
||T Broekhuis 7
||M Lyons 5
Air Force slipped by No. 12 New Mexico 89-88 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 9. The Falcons move to 2-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Michael Lyons had a big game for the Falcons and put up a game-high 30 points and five assists. Todd Fletcher was active from three-point range, going 6 for 8 to get to a career-high 21 points overall (4 Reb 3 Ast). Kendall Williams registered a double-double for the Lobos on a team-high 21 points and 10 assists.
Air Force Game Notes
- AF beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The Falcons have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Air Force is 17-24 in close games.
- Prior to this game, AF played 20 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-18.
- The Falcons have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 89 or more total points.
- Air Force has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 48.4 percent or better.
- AF has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Air Force has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Todd Fletcher plays 37 minutes or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Michael Lyons has 11 field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Taylor Broekhuis has seven rebounds or more.
- The Falcons set a season high for three-pointers (15).
- This is the 15th game at home this season--AF has a 15.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Broekhuis and Michael Lyons) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 29 games this season.
- Taylor Broekhuis has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Todd Fletcher's career.
- Todd Fletcher had career highs with 21 points and six three-pointers.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons had a career high with five assists.
- Taylor Broekhuis had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The Lobos have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, New Mexico is 36-22 in close games.
- Kendall Williams recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Kendall Williams and Tony Snell) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- Alex Kirk accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kendall Williams has led the team in scoring 11 times in 31 games this season.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- Alex Kirk recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Kirk has five straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Kirk recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and ninth of his career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Tony Snell's career.
- Tony Snell set career highs with seven three-pointers and seven assists.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Kendall Williams's career.
- Kendall Williams recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Cameron Bairstow has four straight double-digit point games.