On Saturday, Mar. 9, Washington State scored 33 points from three-point territory and pounded USC 76-51 in Pac 12 action. This one was all Washington State from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 39-20 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The Cougars tie the season series against USC at 1-1 with the win. Brock Motum got a season-high 31 points and 10 rebounds for the Cougars, earning a double-double. Royce Woolridge was sharp from three-point range, going 5 for 10 to get to 25 points overall (7 Reb 3 Ast). For the Trojans, Jio Fontan got nine points and six assists.
Washington State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:37 left to go.
- WSU beat the spread by 22.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, WSU has been on the winning end of 35 blowout games.
- The Cougars have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 45 or more rebounds.
- WSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- WSU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Washington State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Dexter Kernich-Drew has 11 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Brock Motum has 10 rebounds or more.
- Washington State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--WSU has a 7.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Royce Woolridge recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Brock Motum accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's points.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding 16 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Brock Motum's career.
- Brock Motum has 31 straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Motum recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and eighth of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Royce Woolridge's career.
- Royce Woolridge has three straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd had a career high with six assists.
USC Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, USC has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- JT Terrell accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- JT Terrell has led the team in scoring nine times in 31 games this season.
- Dewayne Dedmon has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 31 games this season.
- JT Terrell has 10 straight double-digit point games.