On Saturday, Mar. 9, Xavier took on Butler and lost on their home court to the Bulldogs 67-62 in conference play. The Musketeers even the season series against Butler at 1-1 with the loss. Isaiah Philmore earned a double-double for the Musketeers with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Semaj Christon had a team-high 20 points and added five assists. For the Bulldogs, Kameron Woods finished with 15 points and five rebounds.
Xavier Game Notes
- XU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier is 40-28 in close games.
- Xavier has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Xavier has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Xavier has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Xavier has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- Xavier has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Semaj Christon accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Isaiah Philmore accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 30 games this season.
- Isaiah Philmore has led the team in rebounding in three out of 30 games this season.
- Isaiah Philmore recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Isaiah Philmore recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and sixth of his career.
- Isaiah Philmore had career highs with 11 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Dee Davis had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Semaj Christon's career.
- Semaj Christon has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.
Butler Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Butler is 43-24 in close games.
- Rotnei Clarke accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (31).
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring 20 times in 31 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding nine times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Rotnei Clarke's career.