(17-13, 6-8 away)
(24-7, 14-2 home)
Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 09, 2013
||S Christon 20
||I Philmore 11
||S Christon 5
||R Clarke 21
||K Woods 5
||R Jones 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Butler took on Xavier and came out on top against the Musketeers 67-62 in conference action. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Bulldogs were led by Kameron Woods, who got 15 points and five rebounds. Rotnei Clarke had a game-high 21 points and added four rebounds. Isaiah Philmore recorded a double-double for the Musketeers with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
Butler Game Notes
- The last time Butler started the season 24-7 was 2000.
- The Bulldogs have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Butler is 43-24 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- Butler has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.7 percent or better.
- Butler has won 76 percent of the time this season (13-4) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Butler has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Butler has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Rotnei Clarke has 21 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Andrew Smith plays 30 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Roosevelt Jones has five rebounds or more.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Butler has a 11.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rotnei Clarke accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (31).
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 31 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Rotnei Clarke's career.
Xavier Game Notes
- The Musketeers have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier is 40-28 in close games.
- Semaj Christon accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Isaiah Philmore accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring 18 times in 30 games this season.
- Isaiah Philmore has led the team in rebounding three times in 30 games this season.
- Isaiah Philmore recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Isaiah Philmore recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and sixth of his career.
- Isaiah Philmore set career highs with 11 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Dee Davis set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Semaj Christon's career.
- Semaj Christon has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.