On Saturday, Mar. 9, Arizona State was trounced by No. 18 Arizona 73-58 in conference play. The game got away from Arizona State early, as they dug themselves a 40-25 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Sun Devils stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Sun Devils were paced by Carrick Felix, who put up a game-high 22 points and three rebounds. Jahii Carson scored 15 points and added four rebounds. Nick Johnson got a team-high 17 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Wildcats. This makes three losses in a row for the Sun Devils.
Arizona State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 19:00 left to go.
- The last time ASU started the season 20-11 was 2002.
- Prior to this game, ASU played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-13.
- Arizona State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 23 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.4 percent or better this season, Arizona State has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Arizona State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Arizona State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Carrick Felix accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Gilling and Chris Colvin) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- Jonathan Gilling has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 31 games this season.
- Jahii Carson has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Carrick Felix's career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jonathan Gilling.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jordan Bachynski.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Chris Colvin.
Arizona Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nick Johnson and Kevin Parrom) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kaleb Tarczewski and Kevin Parrom) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Nick Johnson has led the team in scoring six times in 30 games this season.
- Kaleb Tarczewski has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 30 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Mark Lyons.
- Kevin Parrom has four straight double-digit point games.