(15-16, 2-11 away)
Texas Tech 69
(10-19, 9-11 home)
Venue: United Spirit Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||S McClellan 27
||M Kabongo 9
||M Kabongo 4
||J Crockett 15
||J Crockett 8
||D Kravic 5
Texas squared off with Texas Tech on Saturday, Mar. 9 and escaped the Red Raiders 71-69 in overtime. The Longhorns remain undefeated against Texas Tech this season at 2-0. The Longhorns were led by Sheldon McClellan, who put up a career-high 27 points and four rebounds. Julien Lewis also had a decent showing, scoring 15 points and adding six rebounds. For the Red Raiders, Dejan Kravic got 10 points and seven rebounds (5 Ast 4 Blk).
Texas Game Notes
- Texas has played in six overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Longhorns have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 8-8.
- The Longhorns have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas is 24-30 in close games.
- The Longhorns have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 44 or more rebounds.
- Texas has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5 percent or better.
- This season Texas has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Sheldon McClellan has nine free throws made or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Myck Kabongo has four assists or more.
- This is the third win of the season where the Longhorns came back after being down at halftime.
- Sheldon McClellan accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (50) than the starters (21).
- Sheldon McClellan has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 31 games this season.
- Myck Kabongo has led the team in rebounding in four out of 31 games this season.
- Myck Kabongo had career highs with nine rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Sheldon McClellan's career.
- Sheldon McClellan had a career high with 27 points.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Ioannis Papapetrou.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Connor Lammert.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- The Red Raiders have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas Tech is 17-28 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Jaye Crockett and Dejan Kravic) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jaye Crockett has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has three straight double-digit point games.
|B||J. Williams, Jr.||18||7||0||2||2||0||0|