Northern Arizona 50
(11-20, 5-13 away)
(23-6, 13-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||M Jacobsen 17
||G Bewernick 10
||D Russell 2
||W Cherry 14
||S Coleman 8
||K Jamar 5
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Montana defeated Northern Arizona 63-50 in conference action. The Grizzlies remain unbeaten against Northern Arizona this season at 2-0. The Grizzlies got the win with 12 points and five assists from Kareem Jamar. Spencer Coleman had nine points and added eight rebounds. For the Lumberjacks, Max Jacobsen got a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds.
Montana Game Notes
- Montana started 23-6 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Northern Arizona extended the Montana winning streak to four games.
- UM beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won every game this season (12-0) after recording four or more blocks.
- Montana has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- UM has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record two or fewer steals.
- UM has won 88 percent of the time this season (15-2) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Montana has won 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Kareem Jamar has 12 points or more, 93 percent of the time (14-1) when Will Cherry plays 30 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jordan Gregory has six rebounds or more.
- The Grizzlies have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Grizzlies came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UM has a 11.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Will Cherry and Kareem Jamar) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Spencer Coleman and Jordan Gregory) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Cherry has led the team in scoring in eight out of 29 games this season.
- Spencer Coleman has led the team in rebounding in five out of 29 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has six straight double-digit point games.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- This loss extended the Lumberjacks losing streak to three games.
- Max Jacobsen accounted for 34.0 percent of the team's points.
- Gaellen Bewernick accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Max Jacobsen has led the team in scoring four times in 31 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 31 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Max Jacobsen has three straight double-digit point games.
- Gabe Rogers has 16 straight double-digit point games.