(18-11, 5-7 away)
(18-13, 14-4 home)
Venue: Fogelman Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Young 32
||L Gibson 7
||J Young 9
||K Timmons 22
||K Timmons 8
||R Tarrant 5
In a high-scoring showdown, Tulane let one slip to Houston 96-94 in conference play. The Green Wave even the season series against Houston at 1-1 with the loss. The Green Wave got a team-high 22 points and eight rebounds from Kendall Timmons. Josh Davis also had a strong outing, scoring 21 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Cougars, Joseph Young finished with a career-high 32 points and nine assists.
Tulane Game Notes
- The Green Wave have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tulane is 25-31 in close games.
- Tulane has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Tulane has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 23 or more assists this season, Tulane has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Green Wave set a season high for free throws made (33).
- The last time Tulane recorded at least 33 free throws made was Nov 20, 2001 against Centenary.
- Tulane set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Tulane has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Green Wave opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Kendall Timmons and Josh Davis) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kendall Timmons and Josh Davis) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Kendall Timmons has led the team in rebounding in three out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Josh Davis's career.
- Josh Davis has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Callahan has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Kendall Timmons's career.
- Kendall Timmons had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ricky Tarrant.
Houston Game Notes
- The Cougars won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Houston is 32-33 in close games.
- Joseph Young recorded a team season high in points with 32 and assists with nine.
- Joseph Young accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Morris and Leon Gibson) accounted for 53.8 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (11).
- Joseph Young has led the team in scoring 13 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Joseph Young's career.
- Joseph Young has six straight 20+ point games.
- Joseph Young set career highs with 32 points, nine field goals made, 13 free throws made, and nine assists.
- TaShawn Thomas has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for TaShawn Thomas.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Mikhail McLean.