On Saturday, Mar. 9, UC Davis let one slip away to UC Irvine 88-85 in conference play. UC Irvine trailed 47-28 at halftime, but turned things around in the second half to get the win. The Aggies are now 0-2 against UC Irvine this season. Corey Hawkins put up a game-high 21 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Ryan Howley had nine points and added eight rebounds. For the Anteaters, Michael Wilder got a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds.
UC Davis Game Notes
- The Aggies have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Davis is 20-37 in close games.
- The Aggies have lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 45.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, UC Davis has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- The Aggies have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Aggies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UCD has a 2.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Corey Hawkins recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Corey Hawkins and J.T. Adenrele) accounted for 45.8 percent of the points.
- Corey Hawkins has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 30 games this season.
- Ryan Howley has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Corey Hawkins's career.
- Corey Hawkins has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Sypkens has four straight double-digit point games.
- J.T. Adenrele had a career high with four blocks.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- The Anteaters won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Irvine is 30-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Will Davis II and Michael Wilder) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Davis II and Michael Wilder) accounted for 44.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Davis II has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding nine times in 32 games this season.
- Michael Wilder set a career high with six offensive rebounds.
- Will Davis II recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Davis II has six straight double-digit point games.
- Will Davis II recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.