On Saturday, Mar. 9, Sam Houston State took on Northwestern State and lost on their home court to the Demons 84-73 in conference play. The Bearkats are now 0-2 against Northwestern State this season. The Bearkats got a good effort from James Thomas, who put up a team-high 16 points and six rebounds. Paul Baxter also put in a solid contribution, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. Jalan West recorded a double-double for the Demons on 11 points and 12 assists.
Sam Houston State Game Notes
- Sam Houston State has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording 34 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, Sam Houston State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.7 percent or better this season, Sam Houston State has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, Sam Houston State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The top two scorers (James Thomas and Will Bond) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- James Thomas has led the team in scoring in eight out of 31 games this season.
- James Thomas has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Holyfield had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- Jalan West recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Shamir Davis and Brison White) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (51) than the starters (33).
- Shamir Davis has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Jalan West's career.
- Jalan West recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Shamir Davis's career.