NC State 67
(22-9, 6-7 away)
Florida State 71
(17-14, 12-7 home)
Venue: Donald L. Tucker Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||S Wood 18
||T Warren 9
||L Brown 8
||D Bookert 18
||O White 9
||D Bookert 3
NC State faced off with Florida State on Saturday, Mar. 9 and lost at home against the Seminoles 71-67 in conference play. With the loss, the Wolfpack even the season series against Florida State at 1-1. T.J. Warren got eight points and nine rebounds in the Wolfpack loss. Lorenzo Brown had 14 points and added eight assists. Okaro White got eight points and nine rebounds for the Seminoles.
NC State Game Notes
- The last time NCSU started the season 22-9 was 2005.
- The Wolfpack have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, NC State is 36-24 in close games.
- NC State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- The Wolfpack have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a three-point percentage of 30.8 percent or worse.
- NCSU set a season low for rebounds (27).
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Wolfpack opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Scott Wood and Lorenzo Brown) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Scott Wood has led the team in scoring in three out of 31 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 31 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Lorenzo Brown.
Florida State Game Notes
- The Seminoles won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State is 47-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Devon Bookert and Michael Snaer) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Okaro White and Kiel Turpin) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (13).
- Okaro White has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 31 games this season.
- Michael Snaer has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Montay Brandon.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Ian Miller.