Northern Illinois faced off with Ball State on Saturday, Mar. 9 and was edged by the Cardinals 53-51 in conference play. The Huskies are now 0-2 against Ball State this season. The Huskies got nine points and nine rebounds from Aksel Bolin. Antone Christian had five points and added three rebounds. For the Cardinals, Chris Bond finished with eight points and seven rebounds. The Huskies have currently lost 10 games straight.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- NIU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Huskies have beaten the spread.
- The Huskies have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois is 16-30 in close games.
- Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-13) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.6 percent or better this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- The Huskies have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past nine games.
- Northern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Huskies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two rebounders (Aksel Bolin and Darrell Bowie) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (26) than the starters (25).
- Aksel Bolin has led the team in rebounding in five out of 29 games this season.
- Aksel Bolin had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Daveon Balls.
Ball State Game Notes
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Bond accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 14 times in 29 games this season.
- Chris Bond has led the team in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- Jauwan Scaife has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Kamieniecki set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.