In a game where they were outscored 27-3 by the Miners from beyond the three-point line, Southern Methodist lost in front of the home crowd against Texas-El Paso 76-63 in conference play. With the loss, the Mustangs remain winless against Texas-El Paso this season at 0-2. The Mustangs were paced by Cannen Cunningham, who put up a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. Shawn Williams had nine points and added six rebounds. For the Miners, Julian Washburn finished with a game-high 20 points and eight rebounds.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- Southern Methodist has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording one or fewer three-pointers.
- The Mustangs have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 16.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.4 percent or better this season, Southern Methodist has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Southern Methodist has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- SMU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Mustangs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Southern Methodist has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--SMU has a 5.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cannen Cunningham and Ryan Manuel) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Shawn Williams has led the team in rebounding in six out of 31 games this season.
- Nick Russell has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Manuel has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cannen Cunningham has four straight double-digit point games.
- Cannen Cunningham had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Shawn Williams had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Julian Washburn and C.J. Cooper) accounted for 43.4 percent of the points.
- Julian Washburn has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding five times in 30 games this season.
- This game was the sixth double-digit assist game of Jacques Streeter's career.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Julian Washburn's career.
- Julian Washburn has three straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Washburn set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.