(19-10, 8-4 away)
Rhode Island 66
(8-21, 5-12 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||C Williams 20
||C Lalanne 15
||C Williams 10
||X Munford 21
||A Malone 5
||M Powell 8
Rhode Island faced off with Massachusetts on Saturday, Mar. 9 and was beaten at home by the Minutemen 75-66 in conference play. The Rams got 19 points and five rebounds from Andre Malone. Xavier Munford had a game-high 21 points and added four rebounds. Chaz Williams registered a double-double for the Minutemen on a team-high 20 points and 10 assists. The Rams are on a five-game losing streak.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- Rhode Island has lost 93 percent of the time this season (1-13) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.1 percent or better this season, Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- Rhode Island has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--URI has a -1.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Powell recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- Xavier Munford accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 29 games this season.
- Jordan Hare has led the team in rebounding in five out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Xavier Munford's career.
- Mike Powell had a career high with eight assists.
- Andre Malone has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Nikola Malesevic.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Cady Lalanne recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15.
- The top two scorers (Chaz Williams and Freddie Riley) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- Cady Lalanne accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
- Chaz Williams recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 11th of his career.
- Freddie Riley set a career high with six three-pointers.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cady Lalanne set career highs with 15 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Terrell Vinson has five straight double-digit point games.