(17-13, 4-9 away)
George Washington 81
(13-16, 8-7 home)
Venue: Charles E. Smith Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||D Pierre 21
||D Pierre 7
||K Dillard 4
||J McDonald 16
||K Larsen 8
||K Larsen 2
On Saturday, Mar. 9, George Washington took on Dayton and got by the Flyers 81-80 in overtime. Dwayne Smith had a big game for the Colonials and put up 15 points and five rebounds. Joe McDonald had a team-high 16 points and added five rebounds. Dyshawn Pierre finished with a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds for the Flyers.
George Washington Game Notes
- George Washington has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Colonials have played in seven overtime games with a record of 5-2.
- The Colonials have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, George Washington is 22-26 in close games.
- The Colonials have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- This season George Washington has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Bryan Bynes has four free throws made or more.
- GW set a season low for assists (six).
- George Washington has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--GW has a 6.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joe McDonald has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 29 games this season.
- Lasan Kromah has three straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Smith had a career high with four steals.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Patricio Garino.
Dayton Game Notes
- The Flyers have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Dayton is 41-32 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Dyshawn Pierre and Kevin Dillard) accounted for 51.2 percent of the points.
- Dyshawn Pierre has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Kevin Dillard's career.
- Kevin Dillard has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kevin Dillard.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Dyshawn Pierre's career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Josh Benson.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Devin Oliver.