(17-13, 4-9 away)
George Washington 81
(13-16, 8-7 home)
Venue: Charles E. Smith Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||D Pierre 21
||D Pierre 7
||K Dillard 4
||J McDonald 16
||K Larsen 8
||K Larsen 2
Dayton faced off with George Washington on Saturday, Mar. 9 and lost a close one to the Colonials 81-80 in overtime. Dyshawn Pierre got a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds in the loss. Vee Sanford had 18 points and added five rebounds. For the Colonials, Dwayne Smith got 15 points and five rebounds.
Dayton Game Notes
- Dayton has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Flyers have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 9-7.
- The Flyers have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Dayton is 41-32 in close games.
- Dayton has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 21 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.3 percent or better this season, Dayton has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- The Flyers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Dyshawn Pierre and Kevin Dillard) accounted for 51.2 percent of the points.
- Dyshawn Pierre has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 4 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Kevin Dillard's career.
- Kevin Dillard has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kevin Dillard.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Dyshawn Pierre's career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Josh Benson.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Devin Oliver.
George Washington Game Notes
- The Colonials won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, George Washington is 22-26 in close games.
- Joe McDonald has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 29 games this season.
- Lasan Kromah has three straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Smith set a career high with four steals.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Patricio Garino.