(15) Marquette 69
(23-7, 7-6 away)
St John's 67
(16-14, 12-6 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||V Blue 16
||J Wilson 8
||J Cadougan 4
||P Greene IV 20
||J Sampson 7
||J Branch 8
No. 15 Marquette won by a slim margin against St. John's 69-67 in overtime on Saturday, Mar. 9. The Golden Eagles got the win with 14 points and eight rebounds from Jamil Wilson. Vander Blue had a team-high 16 points and added five rebounds. For the Red Storm, JaKarr Sampson finished with 17 points and seven rebounds.
Marquette Game Notes
- The last time Marquette started the season 23-7 was 2008.
- The win over St. John's extended the Marquette winning streak to four games.
- Marquette has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Golden Eagles have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 7-5.
- The Golden Eagles have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Marquette is 31-29 in close games.
- The Golden Eagles have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Marquette has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record five or fewer free throws made.
- This season Marquette has won 90 percent of the time (19-2) when Davante Gardner has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Junior Cadougan plays 33 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Jamil Wilson has five field goals made or more.
- The Golden Eagles set a season high for rebounds (48).
- The last time Marquette recorded at least 48 rebounds was Mar 15, 2012 against Brigham Young.
- The Golden Eagles have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Jamil Wilson) accounted for 43.4 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (20).
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 30 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jamil Wilson had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- Trent Lockett had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
St. John's Game Notes
- The Red Storm have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. John's is 29-18 in close games.
- This loss extended the Red Storm losing streak to four games.
- Jamal Branch recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (Phil Greene IV and JaKarr Sampson) accounted for 55.2 percent of the points.
- Phil Greene IV has led the team in scoring three times in 30 games this season.
- Chris Obekpa has led the team in rebounding eight times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Phil Greene IV's career.
- Phil Greene IV has four straight double-digit point games.
- JaKarr Sampson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Branch set a career high with eight assists.
|A||S. Taylor Jr.||12||6||7||0||0||0||1|
|B+||Phil Greene IV||39||20||1||1||1||0||1|