(23) UCLA 61
(23-8, 8-4 away)
(17-14, 12-7 home)
Venue: Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||S Muhammad 21
||K Anderson 8
||L Drew II 6
||S Suggs 14
||D Simmons 11
||C Wilcox 4
Washington faced off with No. 23 UCLA on Saturday, Mar. 9 and took a home loss to the Bruins 61-54 in conference play. With the loss, the Huskies stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-6 for the season. The Huskies were led by Shawn Kemp Jr, who put up 10 points and two rebounds. Aziz N`Diaye had five points and added 10 rebounds. Shabazz Muhammad finished with a game-high 21 points and six rebounds for the Bruins.
Washington Game Notes
- Prior to this game, UW played 34 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-26.
- Washington has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- Washington has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- UW set a season low for free throws made (three).
- The Huskies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Huskies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--UW has a 2.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Scott Suggs and Shawn Kemp Jr) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Desmond Simmons and Aziz N`Diaye) accounted for 55.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Scott Suggs has led the team in scoring in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Desmond Simmons has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 31 games this season.
- Scott Suggs has four straight double-digit point games.
- Aziz N`Diaye recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Desmond Simmons recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
UCLA Game Notes
- Shabazz Muhammad accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's points.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring 14 times in 31 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 15 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Larry Drew II||36||7||2||6||1||1||3|
|B||Shawn Kemp Jr||24||10||2||1||0||2||1|