(15-13, 6-9 away)
Eastern Michigan 67
(14-17, 12-5 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (MI)
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||D Buckley 21
||R Wonnell 7
||J Brown 12
||D Thompson 25
||G Bryant 8
||A Harper 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Toledo won on the road versus Eastern Michigan 78-67 in MAC action. The Rockets remain unbeaten against Eastern Michigan this season at 2-0. The Rockets got a double-double out of Julius Brown with 19 points and 12 assists. Dominique Buckley was sharp from three-point range, going 5 for 12 to get to a season-high 21 points overall (5 Ast 4 Reb). Glenn Bryant finished with 15 points and eight rebounds for the Eagles.
Toledo Game Notes
- The Rockets have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Toledo has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9 percent or better.
- Toledo has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) when opponents record 13 or fewer assists.
- This season Toledo has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Dominique Buckley plays 36 minutes or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Rian Pearson has eight field goals made or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Julius Brown has four free throws made or more.
- The Rockets set a season high for assists (23).
- The last time Toledo recorded at least 23 assists was Jan 03, 2012 against Indiana-Northwest.
- The Rockets have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Toledo has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Rockets came back after being down at halftime.
- Julius Brown recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- Dominique Buckley tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Dominique Buckley and Julius Brown) accounted for 51.2 percent of the points.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Julius Brown's career.
- Julius Brown recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Julius Brown had a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Dominique Buckley's career.
- Dominique Buckley had career highs with 21 points and five three-pointers.
- Rian Pearson has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Smith has three straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- Derek Thompson recorded a team season high in points with 25, field goals made with 10, and field goals attempted with 21.
- Derek Thompson accounted for 37.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamell Harris and Glenn Bryant) accounted for 55.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Derek Thompson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 31 games this season.
- Jamell Harris has led the team in rebounding six times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Derek Thompson's career.
- Derek Thompson set a career high with 10 field goals made.
- Glenn Bryant has four straight double-digit point games.