(20) Pittsburgh 81
(24-7, 6-4 away)
(11-20, 7-12 home)
Venue: Allstate Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Moore 21
||T Woodall 7
||T Woodall 4
||B Young 22
||D Kirk 2
||B Young 3
On Saturday, Mar. 9, DePaul allowed No. 20 Pittsburgh to shoot 71.7 percent from the field and was trounced by the Panthers 81-66 in conference play. The Blue Demons are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-5). Brandon Young put up a game-high 22 points and three assists in the loss. Worrel Clahar also had a decent showing, scoring 19 points and adding two rebounds. For the Panthers, Tray Woodall got 18 points and seven rebounds. The Blue Demons are on a five-game losing streak.
DePaul Game Notes
- Prior to this game, DePaul played 46 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-45.
- DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 66 or fewer total points.
- DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 10 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 33 or more field goals made this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- DePaul set season lows for assists (nine) and rebounds (15).
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 16 games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--DePaul has a -1.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brandon Young accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 31 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
- Brandon Young has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Worrel Clahar.
- Worrel Clahar had career highs with 19 points and seven field goals made.
- Cleveland Melvin has five straight double-digit point games.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The top two scorers (J.J. Moore and Tray Woodall) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tray Woodall and Dante Taylor) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- J.J. Moore has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of J.J. Moore's career.
|D+||D. Robertson Jr.||12||0||1||0||1||1||0|