(20) Pittsburgh 81
(24-7, 6-4 away)
(11-20, 7-12 home)
Venue: Allstate Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Moore 21
||T Woodall 7
||T Woodall 4
||B Young 22
||D Kirk 2
||B Young 3
On a day when they shot 71.7 percent, No. 20 Pittsburgh smoked DePaul 81-66 in Big East play. The Panthers got the win with 18 points and seven rebounds from Tray Woodall. Steven Adams had eight points and added four rebounds. Brandon Young finished with a game-high 22 points and three assists for the Blue Demons. This makes three wins in a row for the Panthers.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Pittsburgh started 24-7 during the 2009 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over DePaul extended the Pittsburgh winning streak to four games.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Pittsburgh has won 95 percent of the time this season (19-1) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Pittsburgh has won 92 percent of the time this season (22-2) after holding an opponent to under 44.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Tray Woodall has 18 points or more, 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Steven Adams has four field goals made or more, and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Lamar Patterson has four assists or more.
- The Panthers set season highs for field goal percentage (71.7), three-pointers (nine), and three-point percentage (64.3).
- The last time Pittsburgh had a three-point percentage of 64.3 percent or higher was Mar 10, 2011 against Connecticut.
- The Panthers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (J.J. Moore and Tray Woodall) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tray Woodall and Dante Taylor) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- J.J. Moore has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of J.J. Moore's career.
DePaul Game Notes
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to six games.
- Brandon Young accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring 14 times in 31 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
- Brandon Young has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Worrel Clahar.
- Worrel Clahar set career highs with 19 points and seven field goals made.
- Cleveland Melvin has five straight double-digit point games.
|D+||D. Robertson Jr.||12||0||1||0||1||1||0|