La Salle 54
(21-8, 8-6 away)
(16) Saint Louis 78
(24-6, 18-2 home)
Venue: Chaifetz Arena
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, March 09, 2013
||T Garland 15
||J Wright 9
||S Mills 3
||R Loe 20
||D Evans 17
||K Mitchell 6
On Saturday, Mar. 9, La Salle was crushed by No. 16 Saint Louis 78-54 in conference play. The Explorers are now 2-0 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Explorers got 12 points and five rebounds from Sam Mills. Jerrell Wright had six points and added nine rebounds. Dwayne Evans recorded a double-double for the Billikens with 16 points and 17 rebounds.
La Salle Game Notes
- Prior to this game, La Salle played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-16.
- La Salle has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording six or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, La Salle has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- La Salle set season lows for three-pointers (two), three-point percentage (13.3), and total points (54).
- The top two scorers (Tyrone Garland and Tyreek Duren) accounted for 51.8 percent of the points.
- Jerrell Wright accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyrone Garland has led the team in scoring in five out of 29 games this season.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 29 games this season.
- Tyreek Duren has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Ramon Galloway.
- Jerrell Wright had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
- Tyrone Garland has five straight double-digit point games.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- Dwayne Evans recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17, offensive rebounds with six, and defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Rob Loe and Kwamain Mitchell) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 44.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rob Loe has led the team in scoring five times in 30 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 30 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dwayne Evans has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Evans recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 17th of his career.
- Dwayne Evans set a career high with 17 rebounds.
- Kwamain Mitchell has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rob Loe's career.
- Rob Loe set career highs with 20 points, seven field goals made, a 100 percent field goal percentage, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||29||8||1||3||0||0||2|