Iowa State 83
(21-10, 4-9 away)
West Virginia 74
(13-18, 9-6 home)
Venue: WVU Coliseum
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, March 09, 2013
||W Clyburn 27
||W Clyburn 10
||C Babb 4
||J Hinds 19
||M Humphrey 4
||E Harris 5
On Saturday, Mar. 9, West Virginia lost on their home court to Iowa State 83-74 in conference play. Jabarie Hinds put up a team-high 19 points on 63.6 percent shooting in 29 minutes in a losing effort. Matt Humphrey had 11 points and added four rebounds. Will Clyburn recorded a double-double for the Cyclones on a game-high 27 points and 10 rebounds.
West Virginia Game Notes
- West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 60.9 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, West Virginia has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- The Mountaineers set a season high for assists (20).
- West Virginia has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--WVU has a 2.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jabarie Hinds and Eron Harris) accounted for 40.5 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (32).
- Jabarie Hinds has led the team in scoring in four out of 31 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 31 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli had a career high with five assists.
- Eron Harris has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jabarie Hinds had a career high with four three-pointers.
- Matt Humphrey had a career high with four steals.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Will Clyburn recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 18.
- Will Clyburn accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Clyburn and Chris Babb) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding eight times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 15th of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Korie Lucious's career.
- Korie Lucious set career highs with seven field goals made and five three-pointers.
- Georges Niang has four straight double-digit point games.