Iowa State won on the road versus West Virginia 83-74 in Big 12 play on Saturday, Mar. 9. The Cyclones got a double-double out of Will Clyburn with a game-high 27 points and 10 rebounds. Chris Babb had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Jabarie Hinds finished with a team-high 19 points on 63.6 percent shooting.
Iowa State Game Notes
- The Cyclones have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording four or more blocks.
- ISU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- ISU has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after holding an opponent to under 42.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Iowa State has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Georges Niang has 14 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Will Clyburn has seven field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Chris Babb has six rebounds or more.
- The Cyclones set a season high for three-point percentage (60.9).
- The last time ISU had a three-point percentage of 60.9 percent or higher was Nov 20, 2011 against Western Carolina.
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Iowa State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 18.
- Will Clyburn accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Clyburn and Chris Babb) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 8 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 15th of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Korie Lucious's career.
- Korie Lucious had career highs with seven field goals made and five three-pointers.
- Georges Niang has four straight double-digit point games.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This loss extended the Mountaineers losing streak to six games.
- The top two scorers (Jabarie Hinds and Eron Harris) accounted for 40.5 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (32).
- Jabarie Hinds has led the team in scoring four times in 31 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli set a career high with five assists.
- Eron Harris has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jabarie Hinds set a career high with four three-pointers.
- Matt Humphrey set a career high with four steals.