(14-15, 4-8 away)
Seton Hall 51
(14-17, 10-7 home)
Venue: Prudential Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||M Mack 15
||M Poole 6
||J Seagears 3
||A Cosby 13
||G Teague 8
||A Cosby 4
Rutgers squared off with Seton Hall on Friday, Mar. 8 and won on the road against the Pirates 56-51 in conference play. With the win, the Scarlet Knights stay undefeated against Seton Hall this season at 2-0. The Scarlet Knights were led by Myles Mack, who put up a game-high 15 points and two rebounds. Jerome Seagears had 10 points and added three rebounds. For the Pirates, Fuquan Edwin got 10 points and eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl).
Rutgers Game Notes
- Rutgers started 14-15 during the 2010 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Rutgers beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 13th time this season the Scarlet Knights have beaten the spread.
- The Scarlet Knights have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Rutgers is 27-30 in close games.
- The Scarlet Knights have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 13 or more steals.
- This season Rutgers has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Myles Mack has five free throws made or more.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Scarlet Knights came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- Myles Mack had a career high with five steals.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The Pirates have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall is 31-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Cosby and Brian Oliver) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Gene Teague) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring eight times in 31 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in rebounding eight times in 31 games this season.
- Aaron Cosby has six straight double-digit point games.
- Fuquan Edwin has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Oliver has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Gene Teague.