Seton Hall faced off with Rutgers on Friday, Mar. 8 and lost on their home court to the Scarlet Knights 56-51 in conference play. The Pirates stay winless against Rutgers this season at 0-2. Fuquan Edwin put up 10 points and eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Pirates. Aaron Cosby had a team-high 13 points and added four assists. Myles Mack finished with a game-high 15 points and two rebounds for the Scarlet Knights.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The Pirates have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall is 31-29 in close games.
- Seton Hall has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- SHU set season lows for blocks (zero) and free throws made (three).
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Pirates opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--SHU has a 1.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Cosby and Brian Oliver) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Gene Teague) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Aaron Cosby has six straight double-digit point games.
- Fuquan Edwin has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Oliver has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Gene Teague.
Rutgers Game Notes
- The Scarlet Knights won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Rutgers is 27-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring 10 times in 29 games this season.
- Myles Mack set a career high with five steals.